- I can explain energy in cycles, patterns and systems.
- I can design an experiment that tests the effect of force on an object.
Think about these questions today:
- What are forces?
- What tool is used to measure force?
- What are some different ways objects move?
- What does a testable question look/sound like?
- What variable is being tested?
- What variable is being controlled?
- How is a scientific experiment designed?
- spring scale
- Watch this video: Experiments about Force.
- With a partner, look at experimental set-ups and figure out what is being tested.
- State what is being tested in a question.
- Record your thoughts and ideas here: What’s It All About
- Discuss the difference between controlled variables and the tested variable.
- Discuss what a testable question looks/sounds like.
- See if you know the answers to these questions: What does it look like on STAAR?.
- Watch this amazing invention/artwork and discuss the forces at work: Strandbeest