Learning Target: I can explain the processes that led to the formation of sedimentary rocks and fossil fuels.
Think about these questions today as we learn more about fossils:
- What is a fossil?
- What can a fossil tell you about the past?
- What can you tell about the environment when the fossil was formed?
- Review steps in “Sedimentary Rocks Formation“
- Turn and talk to your neighbor about these questions. Be prepared to share what you have discussed: What is a fossil? How are fossils made?
- Observe fossil samples.
- Read the article: What is a fossil?
- Journal Writing: How is a fossil formed?