Learning Target: I can explain the processes that led to the formation of sedimentary rocks and fossil fuels.
Think about these questions today as we learn more about fossils:
- Why are fossils important to us?
- What do the different layers of sedimentary rock tell us about the age of the rock layers?
- Where are fossils often found?
- What causes rock to be lifted to new positions?
- Discuss the use of artifacts to make inferences.
- Observe fossil samples to make inferences about the past.
- Look at “Fossil Evidence Chart” and add it to your journal.
- “Fossil Detectives” activity.
- Read “How Rocks and Fossils Tell a Story” from Think Central (pages 330-331).
- Read Sciencesaurus, pp. 184-185
- Record notes in your science journal, answering today’s questions.
- Online exploration: Stories from the Fossil Record
- Online explorations: BBC: Fossils or Getting into the Fossil Record