Learning Target: I can identify and compare the physical characteristics of the Sun, Moon, and Earth.
Think about these questions as you learn about the moon:
- What do you see on the Moon’s surface?
- What causes craters on the Moon?
- Why do craters last forever on the Moon and not on the Earth?
- What are some features of the Moon?
- Does the Moon rotate?
- How is the Moon similar to Earth?
- How is the Moon different from Earth?
- Video: What Is It? (30 sec.)
- Video: First Landing on the Moon (3 min.)
- Video: Moon’s Surface (1.5 min.)
- Video: Secret of the Dark Side of the Moon (4 min.)
If you have extra time, you can continue learning using these resources:
- Website: Our Natural Satellite
- Website: Questions & Answers about the Moon
- Website: Earth/Moon Viewer
- Fact Sheet: Comparing the Earth and Moon
- Slideshow & Quiz: Study Jams–the Moon
- Video: Phases of the Moon (3 min.)
- Video: A Closer Look at Space: The Moon (20 min.)
- Video: How did Earth and Moon Begin? (55 min.)
An Interesting Connection:
- Video: The Grunion Fish (3 min.)