I can identify and compare the physical characteristics of the Sun, Earth, and Moon.
Think about these questions today as you learn about the sun:
- How far away is the sun?
- What is the sun made of?
- How hot is the Sun?
- What makes the sun shine?
- How long does it take for Earth to orbit the sun?
- Why do the sun and moon appear to be the same size in the sky?
- How are the sun and earth alike?
- How are the sun and earth different?
- solar flare
- Song: Why does the Sun Shine? (2.5 min.)
- Lyrics: The Sun Is A Mass…Lyrics
- Video: Characteristics of the Sun (1.5 min.)
If you have extra time, you can continue learning using these resources:
- What is a solar flare? March 11, 2015 (2 min.)
- Website: What does the sun look like?
- Learn more. About the Sun (4 min.)
- Diagrams: Parts of the Sun Solar Anatomy