Weather Symbols Review
Learning Target: I can make predictions using weather maps, weather symbols, and a map key.
Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- How does the Sun affect the water in the ocean?
- How does the Sun create wind?
- What happens when two air masses meet?
- Air Pressure
- High Pressure area
- Low pressure area
- Cold front
- Warm front
- Stationary Front
- Occluded Front
Engage (5 min.) Choose one:
- Sorting Symbols Activity (10 minutes)
- Look at these weather maps and discuss what you notice: Weather Maps – 2011 (5 min.)
- Discuss this vocabulary (5 min.)
- air pressure
- Learn more about Fronts (30 minutes)
- Use what you know to predict weather: Weather Maps – 2015 (5 min.)