Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- What causes day and night on Earth?
- How long is one day?
- What is happening on the other side of the Earth while we experience day?
- Do we always have the same number of daylight hours?
- Why does the Sun appear to move across the sky? Is it really moving?
- How does Earth’s movement cause day and night cycles?
- Northern hemisphere
- Southern hemisphere
- Website: Ancient Models of the World
- Directions: How does Earth’s movement cause day & night?
- Virtual Lab: Day & Night Cycle
- Websit: Where is the Sun in the Sky?
- Animation: Day and Night
- Video: Earth Spin Animation (1 hour)
- Animation: Earth-Sun Relationship (Click on “Show Earth Profile” bottom left.)
- Pixar Movie: Day and Night (5.5 min.)