Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- What is the degree angle of the tilt of the Earth?
- In which direction does the Earth’s axis always point?
- What does it mean to revolve?
- What does the tilt of the Earth cause as it revolves around the Earth?
- What causes the seasons?
- How does the tilt of the Earth affect the amount of sunlight we receive?
- Northern hemisphere
- Southern hemisphere
- Video: One Year in 40 Seconds
- Activity: Model the Revolution of the Earth Around the Sun
- Animation: Earth-Sun Relationship (Use the slider across the bottom.)
- Animation: Earth’s Revolution Around the Sun
- Online Model: Earth’s Orbit and Daylight
- Activity: Model Angle of Sun (Use flashlight and graph paper)
- Online Lesson: Seasons (click on “Seasons Interactive”)
- Video: Solar Orientation (First 6 min.)
- Reading: Science Fusion (pages 436-437)
- T-Chart for Rotation and Revolution (students write on post-its)
- Art Video: Changing Seasons (2.75 min.)