Learning Target: I can explain rapid changes to the Earth’s surface, such as volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and landslides.
Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- What is the surface of the Earth like?
- What forces cause volcanoes to erupt?
- What natural events can cause the Earth’s surface to change rapidly?
- What are the effects of the rapid changes on Earth?
- Studyjams: Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Interactive: Tsunamis (Both Spanish and English available from this page)
- Discuss: What are some changes to Earth’s surface that happen slowly? Rapidly?
- Go over the directions for today’s centers.
- Center 1: Faults/Earthquakes
- Center 2: Volcanoes
- Center 3: Landslides
- Fill in Anchor Chart together and put it in your journal.
- Review the answer you wrote yesterday to this question: What forces and Earth processes can cause rapid changes to the Earth’s surface?
- Make changes to your answer and share your journal entry with someone from the class.
- Brainpop: Volcanoes (English or Spanish)
- Brainpop: Tsunamis (English or Spanish)
- Stemscopes: Science Rocks
- Discovery Education: Earthquakes and Volcanoes (5.5 min.)
- Website: The Big Shake Up (English and Spanish available on this page.)
- Website: Kinds of Rocks