Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- What is the surface of the Earth like?
- What natural events can cause the Earth’s surface to change rapidly?
- What are the effects of the rapid changes on Earth?
- Video Compilation of Earthquake in Nepal (17 min. Watch from 3:00-8:00)
Read to Understand:
- With table partners, students read about rapid changes to the Earth’s surface and take notes on the Notecatcher.
- Sciencesaurus, Plate Tectonics–Sciencesaurus 176-183 and Extreme Weather–Sciencesaurus 212-215
- Our Changing Earth/Así cambia la tierra
- Class discussion
- Fill in Anchor Chart together and record it in your journal.
- Vocabulary Magic: (English or Spanish)
- Respond in your notebook, using pictures and words, to this question: What forces and Earth processes can cause rapid changes to the Earth’s surface?
- Brainpop: Earthquakes (English or Spanish)
- Brainpop: Mountains (English or Spanish)
- Discovery Education: Earthquakes and Volcanoes (5.5 min.)
- Website: The Big Shake Up (English and Spanish available on this page.)
- Website: Kinds of Rocks