- I can identify alternative energy resources, such as wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, and biofuels.
Think about these questions today as we learn about natural resources:
- What are alternative energies and why do we need them?
- How is solar energy produced? Used?
- How is energy from biofuels produced? Used?
- How is wind energy produced? Used?
- How is geothermal energy produced? Used?
- How is hydroelectric energy produced? Used?
- Why are the called alternative?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of alternative energy resources, and how do they compare with the advantages and disadvantages of fossil fuels?
- Are alternative energy sources always a better idea? Why or why not?
- renewable resources
- nonrenewable resources
- alternative energy
- wind energy
- geothermal energy
- hydroelectric energy
- solar energy
- Work with your table to brainstorm some advantages and disadvantages for using alternative energy resources. Be ready to share your group’s thoughts with the class.
- Over two days you will work with your group to prepare for a presentation. Your job is to become and expert on your assigned alternative energy resource. Your group will have to work together and share the jobs of creating a visual aid and writing a persuasive paper so that you are ready for your presentation. You and your work will be evaluated using the rubric below.
- Research – To become an expert, you will spend your first day researching your assigned energy.
- Presentations – While listening to the presentations, take notes: Alternative Energy Presentation Notes
- Game – The Magnificent Trio
- Your work will be evaluated using this rubric: Alternative Energy Rubric