Learning Target: I can explain the processes that led to the formation of sedimentary rocks and fossil fuels.
Think about these questions today as we learn more about geology:
- How are sedimentary rocks formed?
- What do the layers reveal about Earth’s past?
- Turn and talk to your neighbor about these questions. Be prepared to share what you have discussed:
- Animation: Sedimentary Rock Layers
- Animation: Sediments Become Rocks
- Observe rocks & write observations
- Video: Sedimentary Rock Formation
- Read the article Sedimentary Rock Process
- Journal Writing:
- How do sediments become rocks?
- How do rocks become sediments?
- Journal Writing