Learning Target: I can explain the processes that led to the formation of sedimentary rocks and fossil fuels.
Think about these questions today as we learn more about geology:
- How are sedimentary rocks formed?
- What do the layers reveal about Earth’s past?
- Read HMH Fusion pages 308-309 with a partner
- Draw and write in your journal to help you remember what you’ve learned.
- Share out drawing and notes.
- Model the formation of sedimentary rocks.
- Model #1–using earth materials & water
- Model #2–using clay
- Record with words and drawings what you observed today.
- Discuss your observations and share your notes with your table partner(s)
- Use these sentences to discuss your observations:
- Vocabulary Magic
- Journal Writing