Learning Target: I can explain how the Sun and the ocean interact in the water cycle.
Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- How does the Sun affect the water in the ocean?
- How does the Sun create wind?
- How does the Sun affect weather in coastal areas?
- How do the ocean and Sun interact in the water cycle?
- run off
- water vapor
- fresh water
- salt water
- Water Cycle Song (English) (Spanish)
- Students in small groups create body movements to go with the song.
- Animation: Water Cycle
- Discuss the animation using these terms: precipitation, run off, accumulation, ground water, and transpiration
- Read to Understand (Choose one):
- OR HMH Fusion, Digital Lesson, Unit 9, Lesson 1: “How Does Water Move on Earth’s Surface?”
- Students work with a partner to discuss their learning.
- Students record notes in their Science Journals
- Class Participation
- Science Journals
Interesting Weather Videos:
- Waterspout Tornado (1 min.)
- Tornado in China (1 min.)
- Giant Bubble at Stinson Beach (1.5 min.)
- The Science of Snowflakes (6 min.)