Think about these questions today as we review what we know about the Sun, moon, and Earth:
- How much of the Earth’s surface is covered by oceans?
- What creates ocean tides?
- What is the pattern of the tides?
- How does the Moon affect tides?
- How many tide changes occur per day on the Texas Coast?
- At what times are the low tides observed?
- At what times are the high tides observed?
- We say there are usually two high tides and two low tides daily/ Why does the data show otherwise?
- gravitational pull
- high tide
- low tide
- tidal cycle
- Review about Tides
- Data: Texas Tides
- Reading: Stemscopes Article (English) (Spanish)
- Website: NOAA
- Animation: Tides
- Video: Low Tide Treasures (2.5 min)
- Video: Tsunamis are NOT Tides (2.5 min.)